Saturday, July 19, 2008

The year 1957: A little history. I was lucky enough to be raised in my home town of Perry Hall, MD. A once small community with only a handful of fast food joints and a couple of meat markets and liquor stores.

Our house was located on Kahlston Rd. off of Belair Rd. (Earl Weaver Way). A dead-end street which abutted up to the Gunpowder State Park and plenty of woods and trails.



This was a wonderful area to grow up. Plenty of kids our age, plenty of places to explore and the safety of a country setting.
I've never lived more than a few miles from here and at least 3 of my childhood friends still live in the homes they were raised in.

Fast forward to 1975. I graduate from Perry Hall High School and after a short stint serving the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company (A&P food stores) in 1976 I realize my childhood ambition and join The Baltimore County Police Department. My various bouts of underage drinking and small town thievery prepared me nicely to become a cop.

This seems like a good drop off point. I'll bid you adieu and will continue soon with a little police history and a story that still makes me think, maybe there is a God.

No comments: